23.2.08

Utopia Reborn

There once was a period of great joy, beauty, and comedy. People from California to North Carolina, from Boston to St. Paul, and from Sauk Centre to St. Cloud were united in their commitment to community. It was an era I like to think of as "The Age of Xanga."

Over the past two years, it seems people have come to realize something: Xanga sucks. We dispersed near and far. Some ventured to MySpace. Some travelled to Blogspot. Some disappeared from my radar altogether. This saddens me.

So, I have decided that I am not happy with the blogs I have at the moment. They are all topical. I need a place to just write about the witty goings-on of daily life. That is the new direction for Cruelty-Free Mommy. I encourage everyone else--all you ex-xanga folks and anyone else--to do the same, on Blogger (cause myspace sucks {not a personal judgement: it crashes and freezes on me all the time}). Let's all stay in contact and amuse each other. It will be great.

It this is successful, I will try to bring back other fun things, like playing freeze tag and wearing overalls.

3 comments:

Karissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karissa said...

I did it! Check it:

http://kittykittycrafts.blogspot.com/

Pacifist Viking said...

I remain a split soul: a blog for ideas and culture, a blog for sports, and a blog for inanity that I don't even like. I'll put peoples' personal blog links on that page.